Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Artist, Cancer Surviver, Oma!

well - it's going to be a busy week till Thanksgiving! - So I am preparing myself for a little time out for myself -
Went to a lecture at OSU last night - Dr Brian Drucker, a prominent Oncologist, Cancer Researcher and Drug Developer gave a lecture on "The End of Cancer is in Reach!" - Good News -
Gleevec is the new tumor targeting drug that has proven well for 10 different cancers - ofcourse I had a question : "will it work on pancreatic cancer?" --  "No, unfortunately not on that one!" - I had to let him and the audience know that standing here I pride myself to be a 7 year  post pancreatic cancer surviver!!! Wow - I got a lot of applause and a standing ovation! --- It felt great!!! A real perk for my immunesystem - I thought to myself --- on to another 7 years - and then, let me think - I really will be an old Oma --- I am an artist, I am a cancer surviver and I am an Oma (Grandma in German) - and let me tell you , being an Oma is the best! ---

No comments:

Post a Comment