Friday, July 19, 2013

"Remember Me............" --- Encaustic on Glass

"Remember Me....."
by Sabine Miner
 
8x10 Encaustic on Glass
NFS
 
 
 
I never forget the day I created
"Remember Me......"
I didn't have a canvas
or carton to paint on...
but there was an 8x10 inch
piece of plexiglass........
I had the urge to paint something -
so I heated up my little iron -
melted some wax on it -
red ofcourse -
and applied it to the backside of the glass -
I executed intuitively some pedal style strokes -
I couldn't waite to turn the glass over....
Wow
I liked what I saw -
the element of surprise...
a beautiful blossom -
with vigor and excitement I finished the foliage,
added a few more strokes -
and voila.....
This was my christmas presence to my son -
so he will: Remember Me........

No comments:

Post a Comment